When keeping track of the online activities of your kids, loved ones, and employees, the first thing that comes to mind is tracking their smartphones. However, Windows PCs also contain much activity. This guide looks at the best spy app for Windows in 2024.
Choosing the right spy app for a PC can be daunting, especially if you are not conversant with the technicalities. This guide makes it easier to pick the best app by clearly outlining features, pros and cons.
Here are the best spying apps for Windows PCs:
1. Hoverwatch – Best Spy App for Windows Overall
The first spy app for Windows is Hoverwatch. This app contains multiple features, such as screenshot-taking. It can take remote screenshots of the target Windows PC without detection.
Hoverwatch captures screenshots when the user is browsing the internet, playing games, using Skype, and doing other activities on their computer.
Hoverwatch also lets you monitor the browsing habits of the target PC. This feature is helpful for parents who want to monitor the sites their kids visit on the internet. It also gives you access to the PC’s webcam as a spy camera.
Hoverwatch can also track the location history of the target PC. It lets you know where the target person is in real time by updating their location data after every few minutes.
- It gives you access to the PC’s webcam
- It comes with location-tracking
- Captures clear and large screenshots of the target device
- It sends real-time alerts
- The free version does not contain a comprehensive range of features
2. FlexiSpy – Best Keylogger Spy App for Windows
FlexiSpy is suitable spying software for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It has a keylogger feature that can easily track what the target is typing on their computer. You can also view the date and time the person made a keystroke.
FlexiSpy also checks app usage on the target PC. It shows you a list of all applications the target person uses and their usage time. It also shows you the browser history to know which websites your kids, loved ones, and employees visit.
The Logon feature can be especially useful to employers looking to keep track of employee work habits. This feature keeps track of when the PC was in use and when it was not. It shows when the PC is turned on, in sleep mode, and when they unlock it again.
This spy software can also monitor features such as Web Email, Desktop Chats, Web Chats, Social Media activity, and Email screenshots.
- It sends timely alerts for any keywords you track on the target device
- It comes with the ability to take screenshots
- It shows you the Wi-Fi network that the target device is using
- Shows you the devices connected to the target PC through a USB connection
- It has an excellent keylogger feature
- FlexiSpy features might not be fully available if the target device is using antivirus software
3. iKeyMonitor – Best User-Friendly Spy App for Windows
The iKeyMonitor spy software for Windows is also highly recommended. It has a Screen Activity feature that captures a screenshot of the target device at regular intervals. It then syncs the files to the iKeyMonitor dashboard.
The Input Activity feature functions like a keylogger, giving you the keystrokes pressed on the target computer. It categorizes the captured keystrokes based on the source, making it easier to interpret the information.
The Web Activity Feature on this Windows PC also allows you to check the browsing history. It also contains clickable URLs on the browsed web pages, making it easy to visit these sites later.
- It comes with a free trial
- It has a user-friendly design
- It captures keystrokes made on the target device
- It categorizes information on a net dashboard for easy interpretation
- It captures screenshots of the activities done on the target device
- Some information from the target device might take time to record on your user dashboard
4. Spyrix – Best Free Spy App for Windows
Spyrix is one of the best spying apps for Windows. It is popular as a keylogger feature that tracks the words typed on the target computer. The best thing about this feature is that it has a free version.
While the free version comes with top spying features, it also presents challenges. For instance, it cannot remain hidden on the target PC unless a user buys a premium plan. This tool delivers the recorded data to the user’s email.
When you upgrade the Spyrix spying software, you can also access other features, such as the microphone and the webcam of the target device. It also gives access to the browser history and social media messages.
- It comes with a free version
- It has a reliable keylogger feature to record keystrokes
- It captures and records screenshots at regular intervals
- It allows access to the web browser history
- It can monitor social media activity on the target PC
- The free version does not remain hidden on the target PC
5. MoniVisor – Best Spy App for Windows In Terms Of Features
MoniVisor by ClevGuard is also a recommended spy software for Windows devices compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10.
One of MoniVisor’s features is Web Activity Monitoring, where you can view different web browsers and the searches made in each. It gives you clickable links to know the websites your target was visiting.
MoniVisor also allows you to see the download history. Under this feature, you can view the website ERL from where a child downloaded an image. The webmail feature lets you keep track of the email history of the target person.
- It comes with a keylogger feature
- It captures screenshots of the target device
- It keeps track of the photos and videos on the target device
- It can monitor social media messages
- It shows the time when the target device opens and shut down
- MoniVisor is exclusive to Windows devices, and it does not spy on Mac
6. pcTattletale – Best Spy App for Windows With Live Recording
pcTattletale is spying software for Windows that monitors the PC activities of the target user by recording the device’s screen activity. This tool works on Windows XP. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
This spy software contains a feature that records the screen of the target person’s PC. It records the device’s activity discreetly. You can also view the recorded activity remotely from your PC.
One of the top features of this spy software is its ability to track the target device in real-time. You can see what the target user does on their device in real time. It also monitors activity on the target device to help you know how your kid or employee interacts with their Windows PC.
- It comes with a keylogger feature to record keystrokes on the target device
- It shows you how the target user uses apps on the device
- It records the screen activity on the target device remotely
- It supports live recording
- The live recording feature does not work when the target device is playing a video or streaming
7. Qustodio – Best Spy App for Windows For Parental Monitoring
Qustodio is a stealth computer monitoring software supported on Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. The software is ideal for parents looking to monitor their kids’ browsing history. It tracks searches on different browsers and monitors visited websites.
This spy software for Windows will show you the sites the target person accesses and for how long. It can also track the usage of computer applications.
This monitoring software’s ability to monitor your child’s online activity is ideal for parents. It sends alerts whenever your kids visit specific web pages. It also blocks websites by categories.
- It sends you real-time alerts when your kids visit inappropriate sites
- It allows you to block access to some websites remotely
- It will enable you to set a daily time limit to restrict your kids’ screen time
- It comes with location-tracking
- It supports social media monitoring
- It is solely a parental monitoring tool and not ideal for other spying needs
Finding the best spy app for Windows can be a daunting task. Many spying apps exist in the market, with each of them coming with different features and functionalities.
When selecting spying software, ensure it meets your needs as a parent or employer. You should also look at the pricing to assess the cost-effectiveness of using a particular app. You should also check whether the app is compatible with your Windows version.